Monday, July 18, 2011

Yodio!

I am exploring Podcasing - Yodios.  Embedded below is my first "yodio" experience.  While short, I was proud that I was able to A) creat the yodio and B) figure out how to embed it.  Podcasting is an awesome new emerging technology.  It allows the creator to send a message electronically to those who want to follow.  People can choose their own content and focus on what they want to hear.  I would compare Podcasting to radio, much like TV to a DVR.  On a radio, you can tune in, but only hear what the DJ is playing at that time.  Same with TV, you can flip a channel but it consists of whatever the station is playing at that time.  With podcasting and DVR, you can choose what you want, when you want it.  My first experience using Yodio was difficult.  I thought I was cool and would skip all of the instructions and just "figure it out".  Twenty five minutes later I went back and read the directions and produced what you have below.  In reading the directions, it is very easy to use.  No crazy expensive equipment needed (I used my cell phone to record the message!).  With that, my biggest tip would be the read the instructions, follow the directions and keep the first try as simple as possible.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Joe it's Whitney from your online class! I like your post and agree with what you said and i also struggled initially. I was wondering how you managed to post the yodio straight to your blog like you did. When i posted mine it was simply a link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job....I was actually surprised by the simplicity of Yodio! Everything worked just fine on your page! ~Krista, fellow classmate!

    ReplyDelete